My name is Leith O’Malley and I am a natural (traditional) & digital media artist.
I have created art for many years and have exhibited or been represented by galleries in Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide along with participation in various group shows within Australia and America. My website and Instagram profiles showcase much of this.
I work with a diverse range of pictorial media including drawing utensils, oil, acrylic, collage, pastel and mixed media as well as the digital world of graphic design, photography and short film video production + editing.
I'm completely infatuated with design, so creating images that reflect good composition and colour representation is my creative wheelhouse.
I have been an exhibiting artist in past lives but tend to produce a lot of my mark making and images these days via a combination of both the natural media and digital drawing.
· March 2018: the release of the latest music recording by Australian songstress ‘Christine Anu’ (featuring Greg Gould). I created the cover art, a charcoal drawing titled ‘Follow Your Dreaming’.
· In late 2017, my ‘tradigital’ illustration ‘Smart Bombs, Dumb People’ was selected for ‘The Next Level’ group exhibition - a showcase of national and international digital artists work. This piece was exhibited in Auckland, Melbourne & Sydney galleries. It is on show here today although I have a limited amount of prints available to purchase.
· 2017: New York and Sydney-based contemporary artists ‘Gillie and Marc’ asked to represent my work online via their presence on Artsy. Gillie and Marc have been called the most dynamic and innovative artists of their time who continue to change the face of public art around the world. Happy to be with them.
· In 2016 I was included in the Italian Luciano Benetton Collection and corresponding book "Looking Down Under - Contemporary Artists from Australia".
· During the last two years I have also illustrated for Rhythms Music Magazine and produced full album art and layout/design for CD releases from renowned Australian record company “Newmarket Records” of Melbourne.
· In the mid 2000’s I produced the promotional artwork for the Adelaide Jazz Festival, The Newcastle Jazz Festival and also the “Rio-Havana-New York” Jazz Festival (Moscow).
· I was also commissioned by Festival Productions Inc. of New York to create the promotional brochure and T- Shirt artwork for the 33rd anniversary of the prestigious “New York Friehofer’s Jazz Festiva” Saratoga, in New York State. Also featured in Artists Palette magazine along with work published in Le Mag (France) and Art World News.
· My jazz art series “Jazz is Art, Art is Jazz” featured on many online international jazz sites including allaboutjazz.com (USA), jazzitalia.net (Italy), jazzpages.com (Germany), polishjazz.com (Poland) and the Saatchi Gallery (United Kingdom).
· Wacom (makers of world renowned graphic tablets) feature an illustration tutorial of my work on their Asia Pacific website (Pro Section).
My work is/has been represented by the following galleries:
Dallas USA – The Storyopolis Group
Sydney - Frances Keevill Gallery
Melbourne - Smart Artz Galley
Adelaide – Geoffrey Stapleton Gallery
WORK WITH ME
Have a project you would like me to help develop or realise with you?
A logo, a product, a poster, print or web design, promotional items, artwork, clothing, merchandise?
Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to be on my mailing list? sign up below..
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+ (links below).
Sydney: Frances Keevil Gallery
Melbourne: Smart Artz Gallery
Adelaide: Geoffrey Stappelton Gallery
Dallas(USA): Storyopolis Gallery